Tuesday, September 30, 2014

When We're Stressed



I’ve been very tense lately. I find myself doing things that I do not normally do because I’m in a rush, like grabbing fast food whenever I’m hungry. I worry a great deal and I fret over doing something wrong in my job that might hurt someone.

It is a constant, relentless practice to keep the channels to Spirit open. The moment you start to notice the tension building, do what you can to give yourself some relief so that it does not keep building and accumulating within. If it accumulates, the debris clogs the pathways to Spirit.

I have been getting up at 4:30 or 5 am and going to the temple altar to do sacred movement and meditation. I had to make a decision: Either give up my practice because there’s too much going on, or get up earlier. To the best of my ability, I must find the peace inside of me, because then I can meet all the “stuff.” From that point on, I have my sacred ground. I have given it to myself. I have a big reservoir, but we all have limits. When too much tension builds up and we are overwhelmed, then it becomes easy for us to do harm. We start to build up steam like a pressure cooker, and the potential for eruption is great.

Call upon the Great Sustainer and the angels of remembrance. Remember, you are sustained by all that you know and by all that you have been given. Remember on a daily basis to strive to do no harm in your words, your thoughts, and your deeds.

(July 2014)



Maresha's next blog will be published October 7, 2014.


Messages of Light is published by the Sanctuary of Universal Light on Snow Dragon Mountain in Meredith, New Hampshire. www.snowdragonsanctuary.com