Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Birthing into the Spirit World


I keep looking around at the situations of people who are aging. I’m nearly 70—should I be making plans for the last years of my life?

You’re in God’s hands. Trust love. You see, we were born through God’s grace. We don’t remember birth. We don’t remember coming into the incarnation, or being completely helpless, or having to rely 1000% on everyone around us to take care of us until we were at such an age and state where we could do it ourselves. You were given that love and care, and whatever your soul prayed for before it got here, this life is the answer to that prayer. You’re here.

It’s a long continuum. We travel in from the world of Spirit and are born into the world of materialization. We live through life, we age, and then we die and go back to the world of Spirit. We do this over and over again: spirit world, material world, spirit world, material world, and so on. We are always under God’s grace and love. She is always with us. Perfect protection and love are with us in life, all along the way. For the Lord God is a sun and a shield, A light for the day, protection all the way.

We live in a society that says that’s not true. We live in a society that says this is dangerous and that is dangerous; make your retirement fund, and plan for your funeral.  Usually these programs are fear-based, and they are very, very strong.

 If you really reflect on some of the ways in which you think about things, they are fear-based. How will you get what you need? What will your life be? The truth is, we do not know the answers to any of those questions, nor will we ever know. But I can tell you that the work you do, in terms of spiritual direction, spiritual focus, and spiritual intent, determines the quality of your death and your birth. So I suggest you meet it head on.

 Meet the fear?

Meet the fear, and meet whatever life brings, day by day. The first precept of love is: Accept everything.  Our spiritual awareness says, We’re not afraid and we accept everything. So we accept the changes that we go through in life. We accept the aging process. We accept all the challenges. All of the challenges are forging us. They come to us because we prayed for them to come to us.
 
Our Spiritual Path is to Let Go

When I was in the hospital for a month, I was completely surrendered, and I saw everyone as God coming to help me and I let myself be helped. So how is it going to be for you? Are you going to be gracefully surrendered in God’s love and go into your older phase that way, or are you going to fight and try to set things up in a particular way? The ego wants to hang on: “I’m strong. I can do it all. I’m in charge.”
 
But life demands that we gracefully surrender. It just does. Our spiritual path is to let go. We’re trained from the very beginning to let go of the obstacles that keep us separate from feeling the universal love and harmony that we actually know is there. We just get in the way of everything. That’s why death can be the ultimate spiritual experience, because it unites us with the spirit world which is what we’ve had belief and faith in all along.

 It’s fine to make our plans and set our goals, but the inner consciousness we carry within us determines whether we’re going to fight in fear or whether we’re going to surrender in grace. That’s up to you. After all the challenges life brings every day, it’s probably the biggest challenge yet to come. It’s the grand finale.
 
We Will Know . . . for Others and for Ourselves

I think I’m seeing my fight begin. First of all, I’m drawing up an outline of all the things I have to do or should do before I turn 80.

Don’t think that way. Don’t put such limitation on yourself. Don’t put such confinement on yourself. The Divine Plan brings us to the places we need to be. When my mother was very, very vulnerable, we were there constantly. She’s stronger now. She doesn’t need us, she doesn’t want us around so much. So there’s no pull for us to be there. What I’m saying is, we will know when, and when not to, for others and for ourselves. And whatever we need, it will be there, whatever “it” is. It will come for us, it will come to us.

Our plan is in harmony with God’s plan for us. We’re always taken care of in one way or another, no matter what it looks like; we really are. So when you become worried and you want to make a plan and control it all—“What are we going to do?”—give it over to God and just say, I trust that I will hear your voice and know your heart for me. Then the next step will be revealed to you all along the way.

It’s our human nature to help birth others into the world and it’s our human nature to help birth each other into the spirit world at the end. Think of it as getting ready for your spirit world birth. There are all sorts of ways the soul comes in and goes out. The nature of your death will be determined to a great degree by the nature of the life you’ve lived and the intention you hold for your death. Your death is your spirit birth.

God has always had my back and will continue to take care of me. As I keep myself aligned in that place and in that space, I will intuitively, synchronistically know what to do. My whole life is evidence of this, and I continue to have faith. So, don’t leave yourself; don’t leave your spiritual consciousness. If you don’t leave yourself, you won’t get afraid and you won’t feel overwhelmed or worried or any of those things.

Don’t get lost in the details and make your fears real. We have this big, looming, mass thought form about old age because there are so many people going into old age simultaneously. We have a strange system which is keeping people sick and medicated. Take responsibility for your life, and take responsibility for your death. Create it to be what you want it to be.

 (March 2013)
Maresha's next blog will be published March 25, 2014. 

Messages of Light is published by the Sanctuary of Universal Light on Snow Dragon Mountain in Meredith, New Hampshire. www.snowdragonsanctuary.com.